Photo Contest Official Rules
Weekly Winner Prize $500 USD
🍅 Winner 1: Announced September 14th, 2020
🍅 Winner 2: Announced September 21st, 2020
The 2020 World Tomato Society Photo Contest; #showusyourtomatoes (the “Contest”) begins Monday, September 7th, 2020 at 10:00am US Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends Friday, September 18th, 2020, 12:00pm PDT.
The first weekly winner will be selected on Friday, September 11th at 12pm PDT and announced on Monday, September 14th, 2020.
The second weekly winner will be selected on Friday, September 18th at 12pm PDT, and announced on Monday, September 21st, 2020.
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules (“Official Rules"). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
Who may enter
Contest is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction. Employees of World Tomato Society, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible.
How to enter
Each entry consists of a single photograph. To enter, upload your photo to the contest page, then share your entry on your Facebook or Instagram page and include #showusyourtomatoes. There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Each entry must comply with the World Tomato Society Official Rules as well as the following requirements:
1. Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera, scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be in JPEG or jpg format.
2. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of World Tomato Society, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
3. The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
4. Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in “Release.” When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
5. Watermarks are unacceptable.
By submitting, contestants must agree to the following:
1. I understand that any digital images submitted will become and remain the property of the World Tomato Society.
2. I hereby give permission to World Tomato Society to use and/or reproduce any or all digital images for any purpose including multi-media publications (print, Internet, broadcast television, presentations, etc.) without compensation. World Tomato Society will make every reasonable effort to ensure the creator of the image is properly credited when the image is used.
3. I understand that my submission may be used in its entirety or in part and may be revised, modified, or combined with other images for use by World Tomato Society.
4. I have received permission from all person(s) in the photograph(s) for use of their image as part of my entry into the World Tomato Society Photo Contest.
5. I understand that any digital images submitted may be reviewed by the public and may be displayed on various World Tomato Society social media platforms.
6. I certify that the photos I submitted are unique and original, taken by me, and do not infringe upon any copyright or patent.
7. I certify that I have read and understand the rules of the contest.